Charity Bookshop Volunteer
Our charity second-hand bookshop is staffed and run entirely by volunteers so we need to keep a sizeable team in action to cover a complete week.
Bookshop volunteers normally work in pairs (sometimes teams of 3) taking it in turns to cover the till and other essential tasks.
- Receiving donated books and encouraging donors to complete "gift aid" forms.
- Sorting the donations and identifying genre, approximate age etc.
- Pricing and marking up with the day's code so that we can rotate stock.
- Removing books which have been on the shelves for more than 2 months to send to another shop.
- Shelf-filling from the newly donated items.
Training will be given and you would normally work with one or more experienced volunteers until you're sure you've got the hang of things.