Campaigns and Events Volunteer
Important: No more volunteers are currently required for this opportunity.
Unlock Democracy is looking for up to two office based Campaigns and Events volunteers to provide support with our local activists and nationwide events over the summer.
The successful candidate(s) will:
- Have strong communication, organisational and IT skills
- Have an ability to conduct research with attention to detail and accuracy
- Be committed to the aims and objectives of Unlock Democracy
The role would provide excellent office experience in a political campaigning organisation and involves:
- Building our event invite list, liaising with MPs/Councillors and external organisation.
- Developing core communication skills through co -writing blogs, publicity copy, press releases and activism guides.
- Supporting our existing activists and locals groups to campaign locally.
- Helping members of staff within the busy environment of a campaigning organisation
The role is based at Unlock Democracy’s office in central London and travel expenses are paid (London Travel Zones 1-6 or equivalent). As the position on a voluntary basis, there are no set hours or days, though the core office hours are 10am - 4pm.
The deadline to apply is Monday 2nd of July at 9am with interviews on Thursday 5th July. Alternative days can be arranged if appropriate. Please inform us in your covering letter of any availability problems.
We will notify all applicants whether they have been successful or not.
To apply, you can fill out the form here: http://action.unlockdemocracy.org.uk/page/s/volunteer-with-us
Or please send a word document with the following to Unlock Democracy’s Campaigns & Outreach Officer at Emily.Randall@unlockdemocracy.org.uk:
1. Your CV or equivalent details of experience (strictly no more than 2 pages)
2. A covering letter (strictly no more than 1 page):
- Why you are applying to be a volunteer at Unlock Democracy
- Why your knowledge and experience makes you the best for the role
- How many days a week you would like to come in and when you would be able to start