Important: No more volunteers are currently required for this opportunity.
Unlock Democracy is looking for up to two research volunteers to provide support for our campaigning, parliamentary and policy work, to start as soon as possible.
The successful candidate(s) will:
- Have strong communication, organisational and IT skills
- Have an ability to conduct research with attention to detail and accuracy
- Be committed to the aims and objectives of Unlock Democracy
The role would provide excellent office experience in a political campaigning organisation and involves:
- Conducting research tasks to aid Unlock Democracy’s campaigning work, in particular on party funding, House of Lords reform and lobbying transparency
- Summarising parliamentary debates, select committee evidence hearings and reports
- Helping members of staff within the busy environment of a campaigning organisation
The role is based at Unlock Democracy’s office in central London and travel expenses are paid (London Travel Zones 1-6 or equivalent). As the position on a voluntary basis, there are no set hours or days, though the core office hours are 10am - 4pm.
The deadline to apply is Monday 2nd of July at 9am with interviews on Wednesday 4th July. Alternative days can be arranged if appropriate. Please inform us in your covering letter of any availability problems.
We will notify all applicants whether they have been successful or not.
To apply, please send a word document containing the following to Unlock Democracy’s Research Assistant Jack Maizels at email@example.com:
1. Your CV or equivalent details of experience (strictly no more than 2 pages)
2. A covering letter (strictly no more than 1 page) detailing:
- Why you are applying to be a Research Volunteer at Unlock Democracy
- Why your knowledge and experience makes you the best candidate for the role
- How many days a week you would like to come in, how long period you are available for and when you would be able to start