The Palmers Greenery Community Cafe
Important: No more volunteers are currently required for this opportunity.
Dear Friend of Palmers Greenery
As our list of supporters for a volunteer-led, not-for-profit Community Cafe in the disused 'Dolls House' toilets (opposite Tennis Courts) in Broomfield Park continues to grow - 295 supporters and 156 volunteers - and since we have had contact with some but not all of you, we thought it time for a project update:
- We have £35,000 ring-fenced from the Council's Residents Priority Fund (Palmers Green Ward) to finance start-up, refurbishment, stock, volunteer training etc.
- The Community Drop-in on 9th June was very successful and it was great to meet some of you and really work though suggestions for taking this project from vision to reality.
- We are now waiting for the Council to progress the project since the site is a park asset. We are having to go through formal council procedures and processes and this of course works on their time-scales .
- We're still aiming for an end of year 'launch' so are working hard to to maintain momentum with the council and build awareness of and support for the project. We would LOVE it if you were able to join us on any or all of:
- Facebook: Please find our page 'Palmers Greenery: A Community Cafe for Broomfield Park' and like it to spread the word
- Sunday 2nd September 2pm-4pm @ Palmers Greenery site: Palmers Green Community Festival - We'll be under the Willow trees at the back of the site with our picnic blankets and child-friendly activities. Volunteer cake bakers have also been invited to participate in a 'Cake Bake-Off' at the Festival so we can start to sample all the fantastic home-made cakes we can expect on opening!
We need volunteers with all sorts of skills - DIY, legal, accountancy, design, architectural, web-design, social media, admin, PR etc,. Please register via this site and let us know how you'd like to contribute.
This is such an exciting initiative that will be great for Broomfield Park and the wider Palmers Green area but will depend heavily on as many people as possible getting involved as they can. Please spread the word amongst your friends, family and others who you think would like to get involved - the more, the merrier!
Please don't hesitate to contact us if you've any thoughts, queries or concerns.
Sarah and the Palmers Greenery Team