Collecting Box Co-ordinator - Guide Dogs (Hove)
Coordinators place Guide Dog boxes locally as part of their daily life and every few months tally up the funds before paying them in to Guide Dogs. You'll develop relationships with your local shops, businesses and other groups, tell them about Guide Dogs and persuade them to host one of our boxes.
The work will include;
- Identifying and placing collecting boxes in suitable locations
- Talking to the shop owner, receptionist etc at the location about how the boxes will help Guide Dogs and what we do
- Empting boxes every 3-6 months (as they get full) and banking the income through the paying in book provided or branch treasurer. Give a receipt and letter of thanks to the hosts
- Keeping a written record of the location of all boxes for your supervisor, the dates they are emptied and the dates/amounts banked
- If boxes aren't collecting much, you'll decide to move them to a better location. Your supervisor may also ask you to remove boxes
- Reporting any stolen boxes to the local Mobility Team
- Spotting the potential for further fundraising amongst the box holders for the Community Fundraiser
Join our 10,000-strong volunteer community and help us make a massive difference to the lives of blind and partially sighted people. We need your skills, we need your time - but most of all we need your commitment and enthusiasm for helping others.
Make a life-changing difference to the lives of blind and partially sighted people
You'll be amazed at what you get back in return.
Applying through ivo automatically registers you with the Volunteer Centre Brighton & Hove. The Centre helps people get started in volunteering and keeps people in touch with volunteering news and information across the City. For further information please visit our website www.bh-impetus.org/volunteer_centre If you do not wish us to keep your details, please email us at email@example.com or call 01273 737 888.
Apply For This OpportunityApply
Join Volunteering Brighton and Hove to participate in this group.